Leslie Wesley for South Bend Community School Board Corporation
Bringing Students, Families, and Schools Together!
My name is Leslie Wesley and I am a candidate for South Bend Community School Board Corporation, District 3. I understand the need to Engage students. I have the passion to want to Educate students at all levels giving students education options. I am committed to ensuring that all students Excel. Let me tell you why:
You want someone experienced in working with parents of diverse backgrounds. You want someone passionate about the joy of public service and wanting to make a difference. You want accomplishment and involvement. You want the best.
My priorities will be to implement and support initiatives that will Engage, Educate, and Excel our students to prepare them for the future and allow them to reach their full potential.
• Continue expanding community partnerships in support of our schools and students.
• Increase outreach for family engagement and involvement.
• Advocate for additional enrichment opportunities for students that extend beyond the classroom.
• Build urgency around closing the achievement gap.
• Create more opportunities for career education
• Continue to invest in professional development for teachers and supporting staff.
• Promote effective South Bend Community School Corporation(District 3) initiative to leverage in 21st century technology.
• Ensure students, teachers, and staff have safe and modern facilities to meet the needs of an expanding student population.
• Continue to provide fiscally responsible budgets that promote equity in the di stribution and allocation of resources.
As an advocate for educational opportunities for the students. I strive to improve the educational experience for students of diverse economical and racial backgrounds and have demonstrated this over the years through my volunteerism and service. My extensive experience working with students, parents, teachers and administrators in various leadership roles over the years have allowed me to build strategic alliances with key leaders in our community in the interest of our schools and students.